Building Your Own Website
WHY SHOULD I HAVE A WEBSITE
Building your own website is not that difficult these days. There are a number of site building software programs available online and offline. If you can use a wordprocessor then you can build you own website
- The world and his dog is online these days. People buy their road tax online, do their weekly shopping online, Bank online, tax returns, you can even pay your speeding fines online as I recently found out!!!
- Essentially it’s the way the world advertises these days more money is spent on internet advertising than TV now..
- Most households have internet connection either in their home or via their mobile phones.
- With the explosion of the smart phones, blackberry’s and of course the iphone, now in it’s 4th generation people are now looking up all sorts of information. This new technology allows advertisers to be very specific with the demographics of the prospects or customers they are aiming at. Right down to having adverts appear in specific areas, towns or even streets. Adverts will only show when the smart or iphone user is in a particular location.
- Smart apps will even show you a list of all the bars and restaurants locally to where you are anywhere in the world.
How to have your business appear on a smart phone or iphone?
- You have to register your business on Google places, which is FREE and add your location Google maps. You DO NOT EVEN NEED A WEBSITE. Add photos of your business.
WHY IS AN ONLINE PRESENCE IMPORTANT
- As I said people will research the place they are coming to before they arrive and if they find details of your place and they like the look of it then they will hunt you out.. Also subconsciously if they have seen a photo of your place and they walk by there is a higher chance of them coming in because it is familiar to them.
WHERE OR HOW DO I START
- There are three options when it comes to building your own website for your online presence.
- i. Buy a domain name and setup your own website
- ii. Use one of the free website builders (ie yourbusiness.webs.com)
- iii. Use the free social network sites.
When building your own website you first buy and register your domain name.
Use the above to find and buy your domain name. Try to use the business name.
Designing – have someone design you your website.
- COST – The cost is between £250 and £1,000 for a basic site depending on what you want it to look like and do.
- You can also use one of the many FREE online web building sites. These are REALLY easy to use just fill in the blanks add some images and you are done. They make their money by placing adverts on your site. You can of course have these removed by paying them for using their site, which costs about £50 – £75 per year.
Alternatively, you can use one of the many free online website builders that enable you to follow a step by step process to create a great looking website by filling in the blanks and adding photos and images.
These are a few of the top website creators that you can use to create your very own website easily.
The other option is social networking these are sites like
You can register your business and invite people to join or follow you.
If you want more information on building your own website then you can contact me on the contact us form.